A student said she is is struggling a bit with her Daily Practice, (see video below) which is unusual for her. But she knows she is getting close to dealing with a very deep core issue and she feels the fear of that is causing the resistance. Her question was, “how to get over the “fear” hurdle. Here are some thoughts:
1. Be VERY compassionate with yourself. Take EXTRA good care of yourself. Make sure you are hydrated, eating nutrient dense food throughout the day, getting fresh air and moving your body. Maybe book a massage, reflexology or acupuncture.
2. Acknowledge your fear. Write it down in your journal. ‘I feel afraid to go further.” Ask yourself “Why”? “What are the biggest reasons I feel afraid?” “What do I fear could happen to me if I do decide to explore this?” “What is the benefit of not exploring this?”
3. Start VERY broad and general. Do NOT go into the deep end of the pool until you feel ready or perhaps are in a private with me or someone else. You already felt traumatized by these experiences or this person. You do not need to traumatize yourself by pushing too hard or fast. You will “nibble” at it and the fear will lessen.
4. “Even though I feel afraid to let my mind go to this issue, I still accept all my feelings and love myself.” “Even though this feels so scary, I can go as slow as I want to or I can even wait if I want to.” “Even though I know this is important, my feelings of safety are important as well.”
5. When something starts to feel too big or overwhelming, back off for a few days and let the energy process and settle down. Work with your gratitude practice, self love practices, sit in the attributes that you value, focus on creating pleasure and fun in your day. Relax and give yourself a break.
Any other ideas out there for how you handle fear that keeps you from your DP? Much love to you all. I acknowledge your courage as you explore the vast terrain of your inner self. It benefits the whole world. Thank you
ALSO!! FREE event at my home, Sunday April 30th from 11 00 until 12 15….intro to my Member Group AND Mentorship Program. Come and do a group meditation and tapping with me and join with like minded people. If you have been wondering about my work, here is an opportunity for you to experience it first hand! Bring a friend! Please message me to let me know if you plan to attend. Thanks!
Here is a video explaining what a Daily Practice is: