Yesterday we chatted about opening and sitting with spirit and also the importance of taking practical steps in the material world. Doing the following exercise can give us a short cut to a way forward.
Here is a fun exercise for you to do. Some of you have done this for a long time and for some of you, this may be your first experience. It helps bridge the two spaces we have talked about here.
1. Get your notebook and favorite pen and find someplace to sit in meditation.
2. Prepare for meditation.
3. Spend some. time settling in. Expand your energy, become open and allow your awareness to expand.
4. Maintain this open space as you pick up your notebook and pen.
5. Write out a question that has been struggling with or curious about.
6. Make sure that you are still open, expanded and curious and put pen to paper.
7. Write without judgement. Simply put the words that come down on the paper. Try to stay out of your mind and let this info just flow from a higher place.
8. When this feels complete, ask another question. Write it down and once again, just allow the words to flow from your psyche.
9. Continue as long as you like.
10. Once you have completed this exercise, come back into this time and space. NOW go back and read what you wrote!
You may be surprised how clear and concise it is. You may realize it does not really feel like the voice you typically write from.
You may find you are a natural but as with most things, practice helps improve our connection.
Ok! Have fun with this! let me know your experience! Have a great weekend and I will see you here again on Monday! Much love and many blessings. Melaniej